Most everywhere we go in our day to day lives we absorb an inaudible communication of art, celebration, directions, events, information, rules, and warnings. Signs have a huge influence on us and are, to all intents and purposes, an indispensable asset.
You name it, even if there shouldn’t be, there is a sign for it. We’ve all seen that sign that didn’t quite make its mark but did its best to entertain us. Don’t be that sign and avoid the risk of a sign fail, follow our checklist that includes the fail-proof compilation of important factors to help you succeed in selecting and creating the best product.
- Why do you need this sign?
- What do you need this product to accomplish?
- What is the best wording to use to make your message understood?
- How many signs are needed to ensure message clarity?
- How long do you need this message to last? Years? Months? Days?
- Where will this product reside? Indoors? Outdoors? Water?
- Is this product under extreme conditions? Abnormal heat, cold, water, winds?
- Will the product be placed in an area prone to destruction? Such as construction sites, high traffic flooring, areas frequently subjected to graffiti.
- If needed for long term, how will you maintain the lifespan of your investment?
- SPELL CHECK!
- What colors will compliment or enhance my message? Certain colors are associated with certain moods/actions.
- Do you need to include images for an easier understood sign? Images are imperative for those who cannot read and helpful at far distances. Images also can convey a faster message than text, for example safety signs most always include images for quick reference in emergencies.
- Was Spell Check already listed?
- Designing is your chance to really drive the message home in more ways than text. Is your message better conveyed with simple, clean, design, or does your design need a little Pizzazz only achieved using a mixture of fonts, unique color schemes, using a unique shape?
- Is there an important part of the statement you can enhance through text size or color to draw attention to a clearer understanding?
- Most importantly, SPELL CHECK.
- Is this sign part of a brand or an already established concept? Having a cohesive design helps to establish recognition and portrays a unified brand.
- What size makes your message most visible? Keep in mind vision limitations, the bigger the better from a distance!
- Are you limited to a certain dimension? Measuring the mounting area is very important. Some materials are kept to stock sizes so consider using a premade sign blank with similar dimensions. Banners are very versatile in size though most sheet material like Aluminum and corrugated plastic, is in 4’x8’ dimensions. It is important to be mindful of industry substrate and application limitations.
- Does your sign comply with the area it will be residing? Most areas have sign ordinances, mostly to ensure the sign does not disrupt views and is installed safely.
If you would like assistance ordering or recommendations on any of our products, services, and industries contact email@example.com for lightning fast answers.